Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Going through college



Some of you know who I am but those who don’t my name is Sara Mardeusz and I am a 6th year student at Michigan State University.  I am going for my Bachelor of Fine Arts and next spring is when I graduate… finally…  Throughout my time at MSU it has been a hit or a miss with classes.  Originally I went to school for zoology with a concentration in zoo and aquarium science because I love animals (who doesn’t?). After 4 years of passing and failing classes it was about time for a change.  So in short I changed my major to Studio Art.  I have been happy ever since and made some money out of it.
            When I took my first art class last summer I knew I made the right decision because at the end of the semester I 4.0 all of my classes.   When I talk to people , people think that art is EASY… I hate to break it to them but it’s not easy at all.  Just like any other college course you have to put a significant amount of effort into your work because your grade will reflect.  With that being said people tell me that I look much happier doing what I am doing, which is true! A person should be happy doing what makes them the most happiest because your overall outlook on life is going to be vastly different. 
            Now here is the big question that I get asked a lot: “What are you going to do with your degree?” and my response is this “I really do not know”. Which is a sad response to hear but its an honest response.  I have been looking at trying to find jobs that I qualify for but with having no luck I have not found anything so the hunt is still on!  Sometimes it’s discouraging and it sucks but I had some luck recently though while taking my comics and visual narratives course.   At the end of the course our final project was taking all of the comics we made during the semester and compile it all into a comic book which is to be sold on such and such date.   When that date came it was one of the best days because I sold out on my comics and made some money! This is a really great feeling! Also one of the MSU Alumni directors also came that day and he was trying to recruit a few people to help him with a comic related event.  He did not go into detail that much with the event because he is still trying to plan it out.  Just hearing this was making my day even more because it is a potential job opportunity.  I emailed him the next day saying that I am interested in what he is doing and he emailed me back saying he will keep me inform of any and all plans.  I am so excited!


 I hope this upcoming and last year will go well! I want to go out with a bang!


1 comment:

  1. Find what you love to do, right? Can't wait to see more of the comic you made!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo