Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Discovering my artistic "gift"


I’m Sara, a class of 99’ grad whose passion for art has always far surpassed the minimal talents that I possess, or so I thought, until I picked up a makeup brush.  Turns out having a passion for painting doesn’t always mean you’re to use a canvas and paint. In my case, I harnessed my inner desires, talent and education to create works of art in the cosmetic industry.  To see the way a woman truly feels about herself after someone has taken the time to teach her the essentials of skincare and makeup application, well it’s one of the most gratifying things in the world. We like to say in the industry that, “life gets real when the makeup comes off.” When you’re sitting across from a woman at her dining room table and she’s slowly removing her makeup; she’s becoming more vulnerable by the second and then she sees how truly beautiful she is…she trusts you in that very moment and you build an instant relationship.

Not to offend - but you don’t get a connection like that when you visit Sephora or the MAC counter at Macy’s. The person behind the counter is just trying to make more commission than the person they’ve been forced to work with that day.  That’s why I choose to become an Independent Contractor with the #1 selling brand in 35 markets worldwide – Mary Kay Cosmetics. No other cosmetic company can boast that they have been featured on customer loyalty lists alongside brands like Apple, Google, Amazon, McDonald’s and Facebook. In fact, we are the ONLY cosmetic brand to be featured.  Why? We build lasting relationships with our customers and truly care about their every need and what they can financially afford. 

I’ve always dreamed of being an art teacher, I just never knew I would be teaching people “the art” of washing their face and how to match the perfect shade of plum to contrast the green in their eyes...the purpose of a smudge brush as opposed to a contour brush and so on. This business is so much more than lipstick, this job is so much more than makeup and my background in art has only fueled my passion to make woman across the world feel their absolute best! For all of the artists out there who are unsure of your gifts and feel that you need to fit some sort of “mold,” look to me and my discoveries, because ART is all around us and anything can be used to create it, even a makeup brush!

Please feel free to contact me at any time for a consultation or more information about what I do. Also, be sure to visit my FB page and click “like”  WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/SARATROIAMARYKAY

 

 

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo