Sunday, June 2, 2013

Keith Haring Shoes in Window Display


It was last Saturday night, after the Tigers  game.  I was John Hicks guest and after the game we walked from his house by this Downtown Ferndale shop.  I saw the Haring graphic images from a distance.  The iconic designs were easy to spot.  I'm not sure if I said anything as I snapped the pics or if Hicks even saw them.  I can't remember.

My mouth was dropped in awe at what I was seeing. Was I back in 1987?  My steps were rushed, like in an art gallery. How, how could a whole row of SHOES be spot-lighted in a shop window?  How could this be?  Who has the guts to sell these in Ferndale? Wait.  There's Keith Haring shoes?! 







I've been showing a Keith Haring Documentary in my class for about 3 years.  I have to fast forward through the "penis" series he did.  One of his best too.

Pretty good one here for Kultur Video's which usually made the worst (but only) art videos on planet.  I've suffered so many worse.

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo