Sunday, June 2, 2013

Environment In the Round



Advanced Art Techniques Assignment February 2010

These were carpet rolls that were cut and piled in a box that another teacher had offered up at a professional development meeting I remember.

I had the box for quite a while, always in my eye site in the room, until I came up with the assignment.  I had been drawing on one at my desk and ventured towards an environment, and there she went.  

Here's a secret:  I call "landscapes" environments because an environment can be anywhere and I feel students can be more creative with that instead of always being on the planet earth or just outdoors on land.

I remember they were strong pieces in art show that year, placed on a centered round table of the show.  They are seen in the 2010 Franklin Art Show movies.

I did not photograph the pieces.  I remember asking a student do so, and get multiple angles.  Was it Mary, Rachel or Jeff?  The pictures were very balanced and similar so I thought  they looked good as a moving slideshow movie.

2 comments:

  1. These were the tubes that the carpets are rolled on, yes? Not the carpet remnants.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Clairvo